The press-conference with medal-winners of women’s sprint was held today, on March’20 in Khanty-Mansiysk.
The wind was strong in prone that is why I was shooting not very fast and spend a lot of time on the shooting range. Standing shooting was more difficult, I didn’t feel confident, my legs were not relaxed, so I am very happy I missed only one target.
– The fight for the big Crystal Globe will be tough till the final race of the season. How do you feel before the next two races?
– Every race is importance for the total score. Today I had a good competition; we’ll see what will be the results of this weekend’s races.
– It’s one week passed since the end of the World Championships, are your emotions still fresh?
– This Championship was very special for me, because it was held in my home country. I got medals and I am very satisfied with this result.
– I was on podium very often this year, so I can definitely say that this was a nice season for me. There will be two more races in Khanty-Mansiysk. I will do my best to show good results in them.
– New biathletes have joined your team this week, do you feel fresh?
– Now we have 8 athletes in our team, this is very good. We do a great team work, this really makes us feel fresh.
– Darya, what makes you feel happier: your podium, your rivalry with Kaisa or the fact that the season ends soon?
– I am very happy to be on the podium, what makes me feel even happier is that this medal was won in Khanty-Mansiysk. I don’t feel very satisfied with my result today, but am glad that the season ends soon and we will have some rest.